Gold Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
San Diego, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Finally got the pool sparkly again after the black opening, and convinced the women of the house (my wife and my cousin who shares the bills with us) to let me install (see: spend the money on) a CPSC48!

It arrived today, and after I switch out the jumpers to run it off of 120 instead of 240, I'll get going with the install. Picked up some AquaChem salt strips, so I'll do an initial test and then figure out how much salt to add while the unions are drying, and then hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to turn everything on for the first time!!!

Super excited, I'll post pictures as the install progresses!

Oops, I lied a bit - I got AquaChek test strips, not AquaChem, and I tested at 3.8, = 1090ppm. CPSC requires 3500ppm salt to operate, and according to pool calc this means I need to add 464 lbs of salt, or 11.6 40lb bags.

I'm new to the SWCG thing - it's a lot easier to add 12 bags vs. 11.6 - which would mean I'll be somewhere between 3500 and 3586ppm. The only thing I can find in the manual is that I should not let salt drop below 3000ppm, so I figure that ~3600ppm should be fine. Right?

sK3CKBW.jpg
qJffd4k.jpg

And we're all installed! I let my joints cure for about an hour before I put water in them. I probably should have waited a full 24 hours, but I've done plenty of higher pressure sprinkler system installs using all the same stuff, and have never had a problem even 30 minutes. So, we're installed, salt level reads ok, and I'm producing (CPSC48 23K gallon pool) at 100% and I'll check FC levels tomorrow morning and evening, and adjust output accordingly.

I'm still running the pump 24/7, but eventually would like to run much less - we'll have to see how it progresses.

Oh yeah... Pictures! I did an album at imgur cause it's easier to add captions and what not. If anyone really wants to see the images but can't use imgur, let me know and I'll post them here.

http://imgur.com/a/rrw5k

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.