Choosing a New Pool

May 3, 2008
rock springs, wi
I am looking for a 27' round AGP over the internet. I am getting confused by the lack of consistency between the pool brands and model names, which seem to vary site to site. Anyway, I am looking for a better to best quality pool, not a discount grade pool. I like to putz around on the internet, but I have to admit that I am making no progress and getting impatient.

For some reason I have started to focus on the Tahitian model by Cantar (Almontpools.com), the Diamond Star -unknown manufacturer (Nationwidepools and sunenterprises.com) and the Blossom or Opera models by Sharkline (Almontpools.com) or the Riverview by Artesian (Almontpools,com)

I realize that some of these are 54" walls and some are 52" walls, but I am not sure that makes any practical difference, so maybe price-wise I should stick with the 52".

Steel or resin? There seems to be no consensus as to which is better, I live in Wisconsin, so I am leary of resin's ability to withstand subzero temperatures without becoming brittle. But, realistically, I do not expect any pool to last a long time.

What do you recommend?

Is there any generally accepted pecking order for quality between the brands? Any thoughts on the pools mentioned here?

Can't give you any direct advice here but I started my AGP research by visiting a number of pool stores and listening to the sales people tell me why their pools are better than anyone else's. I learned a whole lot about steel vs resin vs aluminum, the different liners and liner installations, pumps, filters, etc.

Based on what I had learned from them and from internet reading we made a decision about the basic equipment. Then we set about finding a pool builder/installer and once we had someone we thought we could work with we gave him our spec sheet.

I actually have no idea what model or brand our pool is, I'd have to look it up. point is, we got steel sides, J-hook liner (can't remember what mil), and the pump/filtration equipment we had decided on. The rest of it is just minor cosmetics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.