Nature2 location

Drew80

Feb 26, 2013
Austin, TX
I installed a Nature2 Express according to the recommendation from Leslie's, and that recommendation was to put the Nature2 as the last device before the return valve. That places it after the chlorine feeder, and I'm now not sure that recommendation was right. I'm happy with the system and my reduced chlorine usage, but the bottom of the cartridge literally disintegrated after about 4 months and the little balls inside flowed out and into my pool. I wonder if that's from the high chlorine levels corroding the plastic.

I also noticed when I removed the cartridge one time that the insides were all gunked up, seemingly from the high chlorine concentration flowing through it.

Is my feeder just in the wrong place on the plumbing?

You will not get too much positive feedback on Nature2.

The forum consensus is that it is not necessary, expensive, and chlorine is by far superior at maintaining your pool correctly.

That said, if it's working for you, that's great. I am not sure you will get many experienced answers on it's placement from a majority of folks on here.

woodyp said:
I would imagine the Nat2 corroded from the pucks melting and holding a high level of acidity behind it. If it's shot, we wouldn't recommend reinstalling/replacing it.

Too late. I already replaced the cartridge, but this might be my last time. Picking little BBs out of my pool constantly isn't fun.

The PB installed a nature 2 with the pool. Mine has it's own Tablet feeder, but the cartridge installs after the chlorinator... last thing before the return valve. I don't use the cartridge so cant speak on it's durability.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.