coping repair or replace options???

chclark

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
A little background story.....I am a new pool owner, last season. To get the pool up and running I had to have the liner replaced. The contractor who did the work suggested that he install and new liner track as the old one was in bad shape. (if i remember correctly it was seperated from the wall?) pool is about 30 years old, plastic coping, metal walls, installed in early 80s according to neighbor. . Contractor said its in great shape..

Anyhow on to my question... this year pool is great but I would like to change a few things. I have plastic/resin coping that is all broken cracked and just in bad shape (see pics). I would like to repair replace or something? Can anyone help explain what im up against and/or any other options?

I've included some pics, this is not the only spot that is like this... hope they help tell the story better then I did!!!!!

Attachments

• pool coping 1.JPG
    pool coping 1.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 186
  • pool coping 2.JPG
    pool coping 2.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 178
  • pool coping 3.JPG
    pool coping 3.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 177
For what it's worth, my coping is in similar shape. My PB replaced the liner track, screwing it underneath the coping. If you don't get an answer in a day or two, I'll give my PB a call about my issue, to help you solve yours.

dafuzz said:
For what it's worth, my coping is in similar shape. My PB replaced the liner track, screwing it underneath the coping. If you don't get an answer in a day or two, I'll give my PB a call about my issue, to help you solve yours.

thanks...from what I have been told it would be a lot of work. Just trying to find out my options...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.