New Member from Houston

Mr. Blue

LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2013
Spring, TX (Houston)
I have been on here for a little bit, but never introduced myself. :)

My name is Jeremy, and live in Spring, TX (suburb of Houston).
I have been around pools my entire life and helped my mother "balance" the pool at my childhood house. That really only consisted of testing the water a few times a week (CL, pH, TA), throwing some trichlor pucks into the floater, and shocking the pool every week during the summer. We were definitely pool stored back in those days.
There were a few issues (manly with the Polaris) that we worked through, but nothing major.

Anyway, since I found this site I have really gotten into the BBB method. My mother still 'maintains' her pool via pool store methods, but ever since I turned my newly acquired swamp into a pool, then stared with BBB, she has been interested in it as well. Once I get 'the feel' of my pool, I am going to get her to buy a better test kit (TF-100, of course) to help her along with "converting" her's over to BBB.

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks and introduce myself.
I appreciate the advice I have received on this forum thus far, and hope to offer some to others in return.

Oh, and a little before and after of my transformation (the ugly rock surrounding the pool and concrete to be replaced soon). Total work = 4.5 days. :cool:

kWqKoTF.jpg

Hi, Jeremy. Welcome to the forum. Nice work on a Nice Pool! :goodjob:

Can you name the artist who sang that song, "Call me Mr. Blue"? (somewhere in the early 60's, I think)

Those of you who were not already fifteen by then, the rest of us would appreciate no snide remarks, please :shock:

No googling, you cheaters! :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum, Jeremy :wave:

Nice job on your pool and thanks for helping out around here :)

Can you name the artist who sang that song, "Call me Mr. Blue"? (somewhere in the early 60's, I think)

Those of you who were not already fifteen by then, the rest of us would appreciate no snide remarks, please :shock:

heehee Bobby Vinton :cool:

TanyaK140 said:
I could look at before and after pool pics all day! Nice job cleaning up the pool, it looks crystal clear!
Thanks. I have a thread still going on the progress of the pool. I am currently in the process of retiling the top 9 inches and just finished removing the ugly rock surrounding the pool.
I will continue to update it with more photos: 4-hard-days-worth-it-t59369.html

It's raining here today, so there may not be any photos today. :lol: