Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Latest numbers

1. Back To Top    #1

Latest numbers

TC: 2.0 (will add 192oz of bleach tonight)
    FC: 2.5
    CC: .5
    pH: 7.7 (will add couple cups of MA soon)
    TA: 260
    CYA: 0-20 (can still see black dot after adding 4lbs, however, the water in the view tube is cloudier by the day)

Other suggestions? The water is looking great!
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

2. Back To Top    #2
    Your TA level is fairly high. Is your PH constantly rising?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Yes it is. Driving me nuts! I wish I knew why the TA is so high?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Have you tested your fill water? TA will tend to be noticeably higher than the fill water unless you adjust it. Evaporation doesn't lower the TA level, and then replacing the lost water raises the TA level higher.

When you have time, you should lower your TA level. See this article for directions on lowering TA.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    I have not. I will test the fill water tomorrow. I actually just found and read the lowering TA sticky. I will give what is suggested a shot.

Am I looking ok otherwise? I am worried my FC will still be too low even after adding the two gal tonight. Isn't 5ppm the sweet spot?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Your FC level is alright because your CYA is so low. A little higher would be nice but isn't critical. When your CYA level comes up some more you will want to raise the FC level more.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Thanks! I will be in touch.