Stop/Resume button on Hayward variable speed pump

May 21, 2013
Issue: When I have one of the Speed buttons pushed on the Hayward variable speed pump, then push the Stop/Resume button the pumps stops. However, when I the push the Stop/Resume button again the pump does not start back up. Have I messed something up or does the Stop/Resume button not work when one of the four speed buttons has been pushed? I see no error message of any sort, everything appears normal however the pump does not come back on.

Thanks,
Rick

Normal operation. What you are doing is stopping the speed setting you manually entered and when pressing resume it will resume normal pre programmed timer operation. If you want the speed again just hit the speed button.

Thank you much! So if I understand you clearly, the stop/resume button essentially doesn't work when utilizing the pre-set speed options. The button only works when the pump is operating under "normal operation" or when the programmed daily running of the pump is occurring, is that correct? I am wanting to do a backwash of the pool is the whole reason this issue occurred. I guess I just have to manually push the speed and stop buttons each time I move from filter to backwash. I just find it odd that when doing this the pump will have to prime each time for three minutes unless there is an easier way I am unaware of...any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rick

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.