Help evaluate bid 1:Fiberglass pool in austin texas

May 14, 2013
austin/texas
I am updating the quote below after talking again with the PB for a Leisure pool

Leisure Moroccan 34, in-ground Fiberglass, Saltwater
Size: 34'2" x 15" (5' 11" deep end)
Depth: 3.5 to 6 feet
Area: 462 sq. ft.
Volume: 17,100 gallons
Pool plumbing 2" schedule 40 PVC
Pump: pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP, 2-speed
Filter: pentair clean & clear 350 cartridge
Chlorinator: in-line chlorine feeder
Lights: Color LED 12v with wireless remote
Suctions: dual main drains and skimmer
Cleaner: includes free pre-plumbing for extra booster pump for cleaner. (I wil purchase later online either a booster pump and legend II or a robotic cleaner, budgeting $1000 total)Returns: 4
Equipment pad, extension pole, leaf net, hand vacumm with hose, start up, test kit
complete start to swim installation with permits, 3 ft concrete deck, equipment
crane
97 sf of structural bond beam

base price: $40,300

upgrades:
$1880: pentair intellichlor p-4 salt system with control panel

grand total price with upgrade: $42,180

payment will be %5 deposit with contract, 40% before excavation, 40% up pool arrival, 15% final payment

Not included:
Rock excavacation for up to 4 hours, total $600, if needed.

What do you think about the setup and pricing? Should I just do the pre-plumbing for the automatic cleaner and then I buy a pentair/polaris, or should I skip all together and do a robot cleaner?
Also not sure about the heat pump since winter's are not long or harsh in central texas?

thanks for all your help, this site has been awesome so far and extremely educational.

Re: Quote for FB in austin texas, thoughts?

See if you can negotiate the final payment to something like 10%. At 5% at completion, what is his incentive to finish?... $2500?

I'm not too familiar with Austin Texas and prices of Inground gunite Pools... but at nearly $50K.. why fiberglass? (If I'm correct you are getting fiberglass?)

Re: Quote for FB in austin texas, thoughts?

good point on the final payment, will check on that. from all my research fiberglass seems to be the easiest to maintain and less costly in the long run. I also look at price being $38,000 since I would have to pay for the same upgrades if I did gunite.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.