Closing/Opening issues or just bad luck?

Apr 23, 2009
Southern New Jersey, 3 year old in ground salt water liner pool....30x60 free form. We pay for opening and closing and last Friday the pool was opened. I was home and the guy was real nice and we talked for about 20 minutes about what I should do to get the pool ready.

I asked about putting in the pool cleaner and he told me to wait for two days.....so the last two days I have cleaned the silt/debris out of the pool. Today I decided to install my Polaris cleaner...when I went to install it the plug was still in the hole, I removed it and installed the cleaner. I then went to the breaker panel and noticed the breaker was already on....but, very little wate was coming out of the port. The. Motor was warm to touch. I called the pool company and was told the pump seized, it happens.

My question is if this motor was on for 3 days fighting the pump that fed a plugged port....would it over heat and damage the motor/pump.

Secondly, when I was out there I noticed my Intellichlor IC40 was leaking out of the body (not fittings)......so, I am thinking this pool was not closed or opened properly. What would cause these types of issues on a newer pool. Normal or improper closing/opening?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.