What do you think of the new home page?

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
I finally got it working where we can have a slideshow on the home page.

To see it, you can just click "home" at the top of the page, or the link below.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/portal.php

Let me know what you think. I have broadband so it loads up fast, is it working ok for everyone else. I don't want a home page that loads up too slow for a lot of people.

I can add more pictures as you all ad more pictures too!

Thanks for the feedback. It's really helping me to customize the site.

Sean

Looks Great! I like the way you have the post from Waste right on the homepage! You're really doing a great job with this forum!
I have a fast broadband connection so I can't comment on how it will look on dialup. You might want to have a preliminary page that lets the user select between fast and slow connections and leave the slideshow off the slow connection and just have it load a random pic from the slideshow collection.

It works well for me, very 'eye-catching' while not too ostentacious!
( :roll: the pictures are nice too :wink: )

I also have broadband and am having no trouble with the slideshow.

I don't know of the feasibility, but (again) taking from Waterbear's idea -- could you have the slideshow as default and have a "press here" option for those who are using dial-up to show a random photo?

*(THANKS for the recognition, Sean!!!)*

"Having used pencil, paper and a manual typewriter most of my life, what I know about computers could fill a couple of paragraphs - what I don't know could drive me nuts!" :lol:

MaryLee said:
Love, love, love it!!

Now if I can just figure out how to get a pic of my pool posted.. :?

Thanks!

The best way to share a picture is using photobucket (or similar service). Go to photobucket.com and create a free account. Then you can upload pictures to their site right from your pc. No one will be able to see those photos unless you allow them access.

To share them here, once you have added the pictures to photobucket, there will be a tag underneath the picture (several actually). You will want to copy he one with before and after it. Then, just paste it in the thread you want it in here, and your done.

Let me know if you need a little more help.

Sean

I hate to be a fuddy-duddy, but I find it kinda gets in the way--one more step on the way to the forums. And the HOME button in the forums puts you back on this screen.

Just IMHO.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tiltles are hard to read

The all caps titles with extra spaces in them are a bit hard to read for me. They just seem a bit amateur, I think using a movie theater type title font would look better and be more readable. Other than that, it looks quite interesting and I look forward to diving in and checking out the contents.

Re: Tiltles are hard to read

CuriousMark said:
The all caps titles with extra spaces in them are a bit hard to read for me. They just seem a bit amateur, I think using a movie theater type title font would look better and be more readable. Other than that, it looks quite interesting and I look forward to diving in and checking out the contents.

Not quite sure where you are talking about. The font is set with this template so we'll be sticking with it for now.

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy the content. ;)

Great content but the cobalt theme is a bit harsh. I really liked the subSilver Plus theme. Nice and simple. :wink:
I know you guys are really busy and I appreciate all the hard work all of you have put into this. Keep up the good work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.