Cartridge filter help...NO HELP FROM POOL SUPPLY STORE!

boaz65

Jul 18, 2012
So I'm getting things in order to open our pool and I take my old filter, which came from the exact same store when they installed our pool, back to the store so I can be sure of getting the correct one for replacement. It's clearly a Unicel but it has no other markings on it whatsoever. Its 6 " in diameter and 26 " long, not counting the semi-circle handle on top and the white male adapter on the bottom. I asked the owner if he knew the part number, he told me he didn't know what the part number was but that it was a 100 sq ft filter. I asked him how does he order that part for his store without using the part number and he ignored me but spoke up clearly to tell me that the filter was $149.50, that's when I walked out...I'm pretty sure the replacement filter isn't THAT expensive. Can someone help to identify it so I can buy it somewhere else? I hope my pictures will attach...

Attachments

• 2013-05-21_11-21-46_990 (Medium).jpg
    2013-05-21_11-21-46_990 (Medium).jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 2013-05-21_11-21-56_177.jpg
    2013-05-21_11-21-56_177.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 135
Thanks for your reply, I did happen to find those sites and couldn't come up with anything. I will try to re-measure and maybe come up with more exact numbers and search again, thanks so much!

EDIT: The lengths on those charts only go to 19 3/4 in. My length is definitely 25 7/8 in. and the diameter is 6 in.

Why don't you post up the model and a picture of the filter itself? That may help to figure out the correct cartridge.

EDIT: Is it the same as the Hydro 90 or Hydro 120 pump/filter combo?

boaz65 said:
Thanks for your reply, I did happen to find those sites and couldn't come up with anything. I will try to re-measure and maybe come up with more exact numbers and search again, thanks so much!

EDIT: The lengths on those charts only go to 19 3/4 in. My length is definitely 25 7/8 in. and the diameter is 6 in.

Strange, I was able to find this on that website:

MV7ioVp.png

GuinnessPhish said:
Piggybacking on this topic, because it brought to mind a question for me:

How do you know when your cartridge filter needs to be replaced?

When you find holes in it ... or maybe if it just becomes so gunked up that the TSP and acid cleanings do not help.

Thanks to you all, especially Thehowheels.....I tried navigating that site every which way but saw nothing longer than the 19 some odd inches that I posted. I did have the semi-circular top correct but was unsure about the bottom. For the heck of it, I'm going to go back and try again just to see if I can find it like you did for me. Thanks again to all who helped!!!

boaz65 said:
Thanks to you all, especially Thehowheels.....I tried navigating that site every which way but saw nothing longer than the 19 some odd inches that I posted. I did have the semi-circular top correct but was unsure about the bottom. For the **** of it, I'm going to go back and try again just to see if I can find it like you did for me. Thanks again to all who helped!!!

Here's how I got there:

From this link: http://www.unicelfilters.com/pool_owner ... _byOem.asp

Leave the drop-down box on OEM (Optional), and click Next >

On the next screen, select "length" only, then click Next > (if you select diameter, results are more severely limited).

If I select 26" length, it looks like 7" diameter is the only option.

25-3/4" has 3 diameters, but only one of them is with the male slip fitting: 5-7/8" diameter (pretty close to your measurements, and the one I took the screen shot of)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks again, yeah I believe I selected the diameter, and that left me with limited choices. I bookmarked it for future reference...by the way, when I order these replacements from now on, will they come with that white fitting on the bottom, or do I have to remove it from the used one and insert it into the bottom of the new one?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.