2 Speed Pump Operation

May 17, 2013
I have a two speed 1.5HP Jandy FloPro Model FHPM. I’m a new pool owners so this may be very easy questions, but here goes:

1) When the pump is turned off should the basket of the pump drain 100% and have to refill each time the pump timer cycles on?

2) Should the pump be on a single or double timer? Single giving High or Low options or should you be able to timer both High and Low?

14000 gallons, IG (in ground), gunite/sunstone, cartridge, 1.5HP two speed pump, pool built 7/2012, waterfall, two spa jets

1) No, that would indicate a leak in the system somewhere allowing the water to drain back to the pool

2) Depends. I have a single on/off timer and a manual switch to select the speed. Others add a second timer to automatically change the speeds ... I find no need for this right now as I am either running high for solar heating or will be running on low when I do not need solar.

What timer do you have? If this a new pool/pump I would ask the builders how they have it setup.

Please add your pool details and location as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.