What kind of filter do you have?

What type of filter do you have?

• Total voters

JohnN

Jun 24, 2012
Howell, NJ
Just wondering what the second most common filter type is. I already know sand is number one, any guesses to number 2? Mine: I have a cartridge filter and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's not as difficult to clean as people make it out to be, and I really love the limited water loss. I am on well water with high iron content, so the less water loss the better. I will also say that the cartridge is great at clearing the iron out of the water. If I have to add a lot of water, I just fill the pool, check chlorine, and let the filter get it. You should see how brown the filter is when I clean it. I know I am risking staining, but this is just how I do it. Note to anyone who has iron problems and reads this: Use sequestrants, and don't do it like I do.

Sand filter here but when we got the pool from a neighbor 6 years ago I didn't know anything else existed. We use zeo instead of sand and even add synthetic DE.
I remember while growing up, my dad would clean the pool filter periodically. I don't know what type it was, but it was in a cylinder and he would have to crank it when backwashing. Then sand would dump all over on the ground and he would eventually have to add more. :rant:
Glad we don't have anything like that. :whoot:

I use DE! I've never used a sand or cartridge n don't want to. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.