Newly Enlightened New Member from Bama!

May 19, 2013
Gadsden, Alabama
Hello from Alabama. 2nd season pool owner here that :hammer: trusted the pool store last year... had nothing but trouble and spent massive $$$ to keep it nice. Going to go with BBB this year. Read through pool school yesterday and realized how bad the pool store put it to me... yeah.... a whole bucket of Calcium sold to me for my vinyl lined pool along with the other $300 worth of Crud they sold me. :evil:

Anyhow... I ordered the TF-100 kit yesterday. I'm using a cheapo Aqua Chem kit now... so my readings are vague. I know my CYA is somewhere in the 70-90 range based on that kit. I started off with a green swamp 2 weeks ago... it's blue and cloudy now... I can see the bottom but not clearly. I've been feeding it a steady diet of the pool store recommended 3" Tablets and 1lb bags of "Shock" .... so that explains my CYA. Anyhow... thanks to you guys.. I have now been enlightened! Maintaining with Bleach now. Thanks for this wealth of information on the forum... I'm sure I'll have lot's of questions as I go forward here.... hoping not to spend $1600 over the season this year. lol