Just bought a 16 x 32 Copper Canyon - advice??

May 7, 2013
Lathrop, CA
Hi there, this is my 2nd post to the forum..Just bought a 16 x 32 Copper Canyon.. Can't afford a full on installation if I want a deep end or to bury it part way so we were thinking of doing the digging ourselves for either just a deep end but after speaking to the employee of the store we bought from and found out he dug his hole himself for his 18' round Copper Canyon my boyfriend and I were thinking of digging our own hole to bury our new pool and then just paying for the installation as we were going to anyway.. Any thoughts on this or any place I can get a diagram of how much we have to dig (dimensions). I got the deep end instructions from our installer, but have not yet mentioned to him we may want it buried (within a foot of the top).. Just wondering if anyones done this themselves or has thoughts on this.. I am a total newbie to all of this and after reading many posts on here realize that there are many people on this site who really know their stuff.. Thanks for reading!
Danielle

Quite a number of people have buried their above ground pool part way or occasionally all of the way. Keep in mind that doing this tends to void your pool warranty and also you need to have the pump located below water level.

Digging a deep end of an above ground pool isn't so bad as a DIY project, but digging out the entire pool is something of a project.

Thanks Jason, was not aware of that since when you are the store that sells only doughboys and they are doing it themselves and they tell you about doing it I would not think they'd do that and not tell you that this would void the warranty.. ALso, they forwarded me instructions from Doughboy on how to do this so I will look more closely over that paperwork and see what it says. Thank you!

DoughBoys are usually covered under warrenty but the one you chose may not be. You have to build an above ground pool by the manufacturers instructions right down to WARNING sticker placement or you void the warrenty. Look at everything very closely before you bury that pool as Jason said. :goodjob:

The dealer told me mine is covered as long as I follow their exact instructions.. I am leaning toward not burying it and just doing the deep end, building a splash deck with rails around it and have a lower deck off of that.. Just liked the idea of it being lower so when you're on the splash deck the neighbors don't see so much of us! lol! Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.