Replacement Skimmer Basket Options

Apr 9, 2012
Does anyone have a good replacement skimmer idea for a Waterway plastic strainer basket? The plastic handles in both of mine pop off all the time and it is a royal pain in the rear to get the basket out without the handle. I bought a replacement at Leslies Pool that I thought would fit and it was too big. [attachment=0:25qwf03m]WaterwaySkimmer.jpg[/attachment:25qwf03m]

How about ScumSocks...does anyone use them? Are they a waste of money and time?

Thanks

Attachments

• WaterwaySkimmer.jpg
    WaterwaySkimmer.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 83
gandersonomaha said:
Does anyone have a good replacement skimmer idea for a Waterway plastic strainer basket? The plastic handles in both of mine pop off all the time and it is a royal pain in the rear to get the basket out without the handle. I bought a replacement at Leslies Pool that I thought would fit and it was too big. [attachment=0:1slnx26m]WaterwaySkimmer.jpg[/attachment:1slnx26m]

How about ScumSocks...does anyone use them? Are they a waste of money and time?

Thanks
I use Skimmer Socks and like them. They do a good job collecting scum, and actually make it easier to spray out the basket. The only thing is - they go inside the basket. I had to remove the handles from the baskets to get the socks to fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.