Noob question(returns, skimmers etc.)

DeltaT

May 20, 2008
upstate, SC
Ok, On my pool I have what I would call 1 return (skimmer or "pull") and 2 supply's (jets? or "push" water comes out from filter here lol ).

In reading through the forums I have become confused :scratch:

What I would normally call a "supply", I think may be called a "return" in Pool terminology? I know it's probably silly, but...I need to get it right before i screw something up :lol:

Ok, thanks thats what I thought but in HVAC (heating/cooling) it is referred to the other way Where the Air is "returned" to your home is called a supply and and the "skimmer" would be a "return", downstream from the filters. So i think the whole pool industry should change the common terminology So I wont get confused! :lol:

Seriously it is the other way around in every thing else but pools I think. :shock:

I know it must be weird listening to this vs. HVAC. The first year or two I had my pool I just called it drain and skimmer and jets or something like that. And I still write with a sharpie which pipe at my filter comes/goes to which return or skimmer or main drain or heater...... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.