Intex inlet, outlet question

Apr 8, 2013
Battle Creek, MI
Just spoke to the local inspector and a pool permit is imminent :-D But before I begin setup of the 18'x48" Ultra Frame, I'd like to decide once and for all about the inlet and outlet question. This is my second Intex, the first being the "old blue" style, and both recommend/insist on the installer using the lower hole for the outlet to the pump/filter and the higher hole for the inlet from the pump/filter.

Now I know there are some of you out there who have retrofitted a through-the-wall skimmer right over the higher hole, so you must be using the lower hole for the pool inlet. This makes more sense to me, as I could adjust the fish eye to hit the bottom of the pool with more force (unless that's a bad thing?). I'm using the original pump/filter that came with the pool in order to pass inspection without a bonding issue, but later will have a 1 hp Hayward pumping water at 3,000 gph.

Assuming I don't install a skimmer to begin with but reserve the right to do so later, would I be wise/correct to use the higher hose connection for the pool outlet (to the pump) and the lower connection for the pool inlet (from the pump)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.