How to make swim goggles/mask ANTI-FOG?

harleysilo

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2012
North Georgia
So the kids and I are constantly using swim masks/goggles. And constantly fighting them fogging up. We’ve been using

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... TERSPORTS-

But it doesn’t work, or more specifically must be constantly reapplied. I have NOT followed the instructions that recommend me using a toothbrush and gritty toothpaste to wash the insides of my mask prior to application.

Anyone have any suggestions for a better product or method? Anyone try Rain-X? I see there are anti-fog swim goggles, but I’m not buying expensive ones for the kids yet.

woodyp said:
Well...................back in the day, we just spit in them and rubbed it around. We didn't need no stinkin' spray!

Yup have tried that too! I wondering if we are having issues because the pool is 92 and the outside temp is consistently below 78? I would think that would help, but what do i know?

We snorkel alot, you can buy a little bottle called "turtle tears" for like 3 bucks. works GREAT. the dive shop also uses baby oil. a drop inside and out, smear it around and buff it off. works good, but turtle tears I rate 5 stars!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.