Which Loop Loc cover to get?

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island, NY
Have a free form pool build starting in a few weeks and we are going through all the final decision making processes now. The builder is giving us the option of either the Mesh Loop Loc cover or the Ultra Loc II which is basically solid with a few mesh panels interspersed.

http://www.looploc.com/pool-safety-covers.cfm

Being in NY we certainly get precipitation over the off-season whether in the form of rain, snow, or some combination in between. Therefore, a fully solid cover is out of the question.

The mesh is lighter, but also allows more sunlight through.

Thoughts? :-D

I really didn't expect to be able to put the cover on/off by myself and I only need to do that twice a year. So if the only major difference is weight but it means my pool will be cleaner when I open it, then I think the solid/mesh one is the best option.

I have to say from experience, that I can, by myself, put and take off the mesh Loop-loc and I am 5'7/150lbs. What I can't do is carry the folded cover, but once hubby puts it on the pool deck, I do it all by myself. This is the second year I have been using the new mesh loop-loc (the old one lasted about 20 years) and the weave is tighter than the old one. It is so tight, that when the tree pollen season started and it rained, the pollen stayed on top of the cover, it was a nice yellowish spot (not). I opened to a crystal clear pool again this year, so I think you don't have to worry about things going through the cover. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.