Can't remove Aqua Rite cell for cleaning

May 19, 2013
This is the first time we've tried to clean the cell since it was installed, we got the nuts off, but the top of the cell is stuck to the pipe, the bottom came off just fine. Any suggestions or ideas?

We're in North Texas with very hard water, which may be a concern, but I don't know. My husband has suggested that maybe the installers got some PVC glue in the fitting.

Any help would be great.

Thanks a lot!

Kate

Welcome to TFP.

Pictures might help but you're most likely just going to have to force it apart.

How long has it been installed? If it's less than a year I'd call the installers back out and let them get it apart.

Thanks for the welcome.

You are correct, we did end up forcing it apart about 5 minutes ago.

Realizing the ends were flush against the pipe we found the thinnest paint scraper thing we had and just tried to jam that in there a little bit and hit that with a mallet until it came apart. As my husband expected, there was definitely evidence that PVC glue had gotten into the fitting. My husband is the cautious one and I'm the not so cautious one, so we make a good balance for getting frustrating home projects done.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. We have a great store we get advice from, but I'm grateful to have found a reliable web source as well. We've made some impressive repairs ourselves, we've rebuilt our pump and redid our wall fitting for the vacuum pump, which doesn't sound impressive, but if you'd been there, you'd have been impressed with the level of ingenuity on both, or perhaps the just hung your head in incredulity and shame. Nevertheless, you'd have admired our perseverance. Anyway, I hope we can contribute to the site as well with our experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.