Leveling problem with 18' pool

May 19, 2013
I went to Sam's club and bought one of the 18' pools they have. I went through the book,the video, and read several forums around the web including this one. I installed the pool and as I got it close to being filled, I found that I was about 5" out of level (stupid mistake). The pool and posts are sitting on black Texas dirt and grass. I read a forum where some people said to dig out at the posts in order to bring the high part down. I did that. Now, I am within 1-1/2 to 2" of being level. Problem is, I have wrinkles on the sidewall near the top of the part that was high and I have about 4 or 5 posts that do not touch the ground. Will all that settle down as I finish filling or should I drain and start over? Also, if we don't use the pool can I wait a few days to drain it? With the legs off the ground, am I in imminent danger of liner failure?

Thanks so much.

Welcome to tfp, hankball :wave:

If you leave it as is, it will be problematic. I would drain and then level the area properly.

hankball said:
Also, if we don't use the pool can I wait a few days to drain it? With the legs off the ground, am I in imminent danger of liner failure?
This I am not sure about...I would think if there is no swimming you might be okay...but again, I am not sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.