Leaks at hose adapter connections with skimmer and return

May 19, 2013
Hello, I have an 18' above ground pool. I currently have two leaks that I cannot get to go away at the threaded connection between the skimmer and the hose adapter and between the return line and the hose adapter. I have tried adding a ton of teflon tape on the threads to stop leaks but it still leaks. I'm at a loss at what to do next. Is there something I can put on the threads of the pool hose adapter??? Last year I dealt with the leak because I didn't want to drain the pool and fix it but this year upon opening I tried adding tons of teflon tape to the connections thinking that was the problem. It did no good. Any suggestions? Sorry for such a dumb question but I can't take the issue anymore. :hammer: I also tried changing the hose adapter connector and still no luck.

Re: Leaks at hose adapter connections with skimmer and retur

Have you tried teflon paste? There have been some post about using a few wraps of t-tape then some paste then a couple more wraps of t-tape.

Have you checked the female fitting for hairline cracks?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.