stains on liner??

bhuels

Feb 11, 2013
I opened my pool back in early april, and even after having it open i still have multiple light brownish stains all around the pool mainly on the bottom close to the walls and some in the middle. I think they are organic and turned my swg on high and shocked the pool but nothing has helped. Is there any chemical i can try to put in the pool to help?? thanks

If they are organic stains, then several days at high FC levels will clear them up.

While organic stains can be brown, they tend to be black, and brown stains tend to be iron stains. You can check for iron stains by placing a vitamin C tablet on a stain for a minute. If the stain clears up in that local area then they are iron stains.

If they are iron stains, you can either live with them or you can do a special chemical treatment to your water to remove the stains and then add a chemical to your pool on a regular basis that will keep the iron in the water instead of allowing it to deposit on the surfaces of your pool.

Here's some information about metal stains in pools. pool-school/metal%20stains

What type of pool is it? If it is vinyl, ignore what I am about to say. If you have a chlorine tablet, try holding that on the stain if that removes the stain, it is organic. To get rid of the organic stain, hold the pool at a higher chlorine level for several days, not a one-time thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
so how long should i leave a tablet on there, the pool is obviously full of water not empty, the are very light brown stains but they seem to be spreading? and it is vinyl so is it safe to try it?

OK so I figured out that they are organic stains. I have shocked the pool and kept the chlorine elevated for a while now but soon as it starts to drop they slowly come back. should I try an enzyme chemical to see if that works??

kept the chlorine elevated for a while now but soon as it starts to drop they slowly come back
????? Only if you are letting the FC go so low that the organisms regrow.

What level of FC are you dropping to. What is your CYA? Why did you decide the stains are organic? They don't sound like it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.