Pentair Easy Touch, beginning to fail?

stevenbrla

LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi ALL!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Two issues with my 6 year old Easy Touch:

1. About 3 months ago my remote control stopped being able to communicate with the panel. The connections seem secure.

and maybe a completely separate issue:

2. A few days ago my 3 LED pool lights stopped coming on. The Aux light on the panel shows that they are on, and the when I press that Aux button, it clicks hard and lights up (normally), but the LED lights don't come on. Mind you, I have 3 different LED lights and I'm sure all 3 didn't burn out on the exact same day.

Think my board is going out? Or just coincidence? Suggestions?

B6E6315D-BA8A-43E4-97B5-FB9F1AAC46E7-2529-0000040B0D883D87.jpg

Your problems are most likely unrelated.

For the lights, check that the GFI is still working correctly and is not tripped, then that the relay clicks when you turn the lights on/off. Both of those work, get a multi-meter and see if the light relay output is getting power when the lights are on. If you have a transformer check to see if it is outputting the correct voltage.

The remote issue could be any of a number of things. Usually the wireless link goes out before anything else. Make sure the wireless antenna is still correctly hooked up to the main unit and then try running through the procedure used to associate the remote with a specific main unit when first setup.

Thanks for your help, Jason. You're the best!

I traced my problem to the GFI was tripping. (FYI for anyone reading this, the GFI is installed in the easytouch box, very bottom right corner, little white box, has an outlet and reset button on the outside of the easytouch box.) I have three Hayward colorlogic lights, so I unhooked each until I found the one that was tripping the gfi.

So I assume the light has been compromised and the GFI is doing it's job... so I'm looking to replace that light unit.

My model seems to come in 12vac and 120vac. Which do I have? How can I know?

I'm guessing high voltage then...

It looks like the transformer feeds the board (and the signal?), but the light seems to get it's power from the GFI.

That make sense?

I also assume that my existing light will have a model number and voltage on it... might try to pull it out tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.