I'm BAAACCCKKK! and with a question?

Jul 26, 2012
Hi All! Yes I'm back and ready to open my pool for the first time. A question.

Cover is still on. Ready to get everything out (pump, light, skimmer) and assemble. We peeked under the cover about a week ago and took a water sample out of curiousity. The FC was at a 2-3ppm :cry: was hoping it would be more than that. Oh well. The water did seem clear...well what we could see with a flashlight and our heads crammed under the cover :lol: The CYA was not registering when we closed last year, so know we need to resolve that. Duh... just dawned on me I should have made sure the CYA was in b4 closing. ugh. Anyways, So my question. There will be a two day time where we are removing the cover, setting up, and getting water filled......................
Do you all add bleach to the water before adding the water to fill. How many days can you go with it open before adding water, and then the bleach? Nervous here to open and expose to sun. Hoping can get it filled when we want it filled

We opened our new used pool last yr and for the almost 3 mos open no problems using the BBB method. Thanks to all of you!!!

If you have some way of stirring the water around I would add bleach as soon as possible if your exposing it to sun light.

How are you filling it ? If your using a garden hose just leave cover on to you fill it and get pump running.

Make sure you get that CYA in there also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

It's difficult to comment accurately. Just like traveling directions, we can't tell you how to get where you want to be unless we know where you are. Would you post current test results please?

thanks for the reply pwrstrk.

duraleigh, last week under the cover the FC was 2-3ppm and the PH was 7.5. The
CYA was not registering on test done right before I closed pool in October. WE live in the midwest. When we closed I didn't think it was necessary to add CYA since the winter cover was over. Now I realized I probably should have added. I was just curious what the levels were, that is why I tested. I will test again when ready to shock.

Just wondering if I should add bleach for those two days before I fill with water, since I am open to elements with very little FC and being in the sun for a day or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.