proper settings for intelliflo vrs

Apr 14, 2013
henderson, nevada
I just had an intelliflo vrs installed in my pool but I don't think the settings are right. I feel like it is not running enough.

My pool is free from 28` x 14` and 5` max depth. I estimate around 14500 gallons. It is concrete. Also have a connected spa.

I live in Henderson, nv so it is hot and windy here most of the time.

How many hours a day should it be running and at what speed? From what I can see it runs from 9-2 at one speed and then 2-5 at a second speed.

Every pool is a little different so I can't give you an exact number, but 6 to 8 hours at 1000 RPM should be a good starting point and you can optimize from there.

1000 RPM is the most energy efficient speed on that pump. That will be plenty for most pools, but now and then some particular pools will have problems at that speed and you will need to turn it up a little.

In just checked and mine is set for 2800 rpm from 9-2 and 1800 rpm from 2-6. Does that sound like too much? What is the best way to tell? I cant tell, the old pump I had you can hear and this one not so much. The pool is pretty clean except I am not thrilled with my current pool guy. Trying to read up on pool school to see if I can do it myself going forward.

For the spa you certainly need to increase the speed. For the heater, you probably need to increase the speed, but it depends on the heater.

Still works means you don't get low flow errors on the SWG (if you have one) and the skimmer(s) still skim effectively.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.