first bids in... not sure

May 7, 2013
So I got my first two bids, similar pool, similar equipment. however, im not sure what I need and don't need. Also, both of them bundeled this into the total pool, so I wanted to see try and see, what i should change or neogoitate...I really just want what I need for now, I can always upgrade or add on later, since we are doing a large patio, I want to try and keep cost under control...I know don't laugh :) I want to try and get a auto cover too.

Here are my first thoughts/questions: What is the Auto btm cleaner Navigator (need or don't need)? Should I go with DE? I was thinking cartridge, Is pump to big? What is a Jbox?

lastly, since neither have lined out the cost, should I ask them to do that?

18'x36'x5'6'' Sport bottom pool
INCLUDES:
Pool wall,frame, deck supports, 20 m/l liner, ,Auto skimmer,vac pole,vac head,leaf net,brush, hose,starter chemical kit and two standard lights.

250,000 btu nat gas electronic heater, auto btm cleaner Navigator,90 degree pool base,D.E. filter system, 1 ½ super pump. 90 degree step with vinyl over it.

3# returns w/directional heads,2# resin pads,
Grey coping kit, j-box w/nitch

An estimate should include everything in the package, broken down as line items. All builders are capable of doing this with little effort.

DE or cartridge is up to you. I like my cartridge system and so I'm partial to that. I'd suggest looking at the following thread for information on building.

category.php?c=construction_and_upgrade_choices

As a builder I try to build 2' or 4' radius corners not square or 6" ones as that is a place I see a lot of liner failures. DE or cartridge is personal choice, most homeowners don't like to fool with cartridges as they are heavy when wet. Do ask your potential builders to break it down to what things cost. Not necessarily each fitting and such but for each option. What size plumbing, skimmer or skimmers, each plumbed individually, main drain? things like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.