Universal, gas grill replacement burners - any good?

seadogg

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 5, 2007
Southeast Texas
I'm talking about the "H" pattern ones they sell at the Marts, the Borgs, even grocery stores this time of year. Has anyone had any luck getting them to fit and work right? The best price I can find on the internet for manufacturers brand replacement burners is $148 a set. Might as well buy a whole new grill...except I don't want to buy a whole new grill. This one is still in great shape after only two years (except the burners and burner grease deflectors.)

I thought about making some from s/s pipe, but the thought of drilling all those tiny holes for four new burners has led me to try and find an alternate solution (Maybe that's the excuse I'm looking for to get the new drill-press :wink: )

I mostly use an offset firebox smoker, but my wife likes to use the charcoal grill for chicken breasts, dogs & burgers (she likes to do things NOW), and you know what they say, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" :lol:

Thanks, Jim

seadogg said:
I've had good luck with them when I was replacing an "H" burner. They'd last a year or two, just like the original. The grill I have now has stainless tube type burners, and I can't use the "H" type with it.

Mine are the non-stainless tube type.

Hmmmm....I don't know if it would work or not. Two burner grill, i take it? You could probably make it work, as the venturi tubes on the replacement "H" burners are flex type tubes, and not rigid.

BTW, if you still have the paperwork on your grill and they have a customer svc #, call them and see what new burners would run you. I checked around the 'net for some parts for my grill, then called the manufacturer's customer svc line for some I couldn't find, and discovered that I could get all the parts I needed for roughly 50% less than what the online stores wanted.

EDIT - My bad. I re-read your original post, and see that it's a four burner grill. Do you have space for two of the "H" burners?? I'd still call the manufacturer's 1-800# and see what they charge for them.

MikeInTN said:
BTW, if you still have the paperwork on your grill and they have a customer svc #, call them and see what new burners would run you. I checked around the 'net for some parts for my grill, then called the manufacturer's customer svc line for some I couldn't find, and discovered that I could get all the parts I needed for roughly 50% less than what the online stores wanted.

Thanks, that's good to know. I wouldn't expect the manufacturer to sell them for that much less - but I'll sure call them!

Jim

seadogg said:
whoozer said:
What kind of grill do you have?
Sorry it took so long to answer, it's a BBQ Grillware from Lowes.

I've got the 3 burner BBQ Grillware from Lowe's. :) Hmmm...I coulda swore mine had stainless burner tubes. Regardless, give them a call. For example, the heat diffuser's that sit above the burners cost $10 a piece from BBQ Grillware. All of the online places wanted between $20 and $30 a piece for them. I ended up ordering a new thermometer, three new heat diffusers, and the mounting brackets for the diffusers, all for around $60.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is a 3-burner (GSF-2616), I remembered 4 knobs, forgetting about the side warmer and I did call them. Found out s/s burners (yes, mine are stainless as well - hard to tell when they're completely wasted!) have a 10 year warranty. So, all they need is a copy of the receipt faxed to them and I'm all set.

I'm also getting heat plates and brackets. Maybe someday I'll cut some 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" x 3/16" angle iron to make some heavy duty heat plates 8) .

Thanks, Jim

seadogg said:
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is a 3-burner (GSF-2616), I remembered 4 knobs, forgetting about the side warmer and I did call them. Found out s/s burners (yes, mine are stainless as well - hard to tell when they're completely wasted!) have a 10 year warranty. So, all they need is a copy of the receipt faxed to them and I'm all set.

I'm also getting heat plates and brackets. Maybe someday I'll cut some 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" x 3/16" angle iron to make some heavy duty heat plates 8) .

Thanks, Jim

Good deal, glad to hear they took care of you. Uh oh..they require a copy of the receipt faxed to them to honor the warranty? And you still have it? I couldn't even begin to guess where the receipt for mine is, but if I had to, I'd say it's been shredded. The DW gets on these shredding kicks, and just shreds everything she deems "unnecessary". Old receipts fit that description for her. Oh well, that gives me an excuse to upgrade to a new grill if the burners in mine ever give out... 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.