Changing Filter on Sta-Rite S7D75

May 28, 2012
Oklahoma City, Okla
Hello all,
I found a few openings in the edges of two grids today while cleaning the filter. I was hoping for something less expensive but... Anyway I ordered the replacement set and started to remove the old one when I came to a stop at the pvc coupling that holds the manifold to the stand pipe. It will not turn... Either direction, and I do not want to break it. Does anyone know which way it should turn while looking down at the fitting? Any good ideas or suggestions on how to free it? I am soaking it now with PB Blaster in hopes it may free it up. I have had no luck with strap wrenches and have made some modifications to a oil filter wrench in hopes of better results. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks! :cheers:

Is this what you are dealing with?
SYSDE.JPG

What part are you struggling with? #10 looks like a union fitting, that I would guess unscrews CW when you are looking down on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.