Hayward Ecostar SVRS

May 18, 2013
I'm a new pool owner. Inground salt water 20ft X 40ft 3-8ft= approx. 30,000gal. DE filter hayward DE6020 and Hayward Ecostar pump.--oh yea FULL sun 9am till 5pm
I like the fully digital controls on the pump and all the selections for sppeds and timing. Pool installer set it up at 1750rpm 8 hrs a day.
Ofcourse he is gone but thats ok. I like to know whats going on with my stuff. So I thought variable speed meant the pump would adjust automatically to conditions. I was wrong. LOL Question: What is the best timing/speed/hrs of operation for my set-up?

Welcome to TFP!

Try running at 900 RPM for the same amount of time and see how that works out. 900 RPM is right around the most efficient speed (most water moved per watt of electricity). There is a small chance that will be too slow for something in your system (skimmers might not skim effectively, SWG or heater might complain), if so turn it up just enough to clear the problem and try again.

Your ideal pump run time can be discovered by experimentation, see the article in Pool School on finding your ideal pump run time. 8 hours on low is a good starting guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.