timer stopped working

Jul 8, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Hello,

I have an Intermatic pump timer for my pool. I'm guessing the whole pool and pump system is over 20 years old. The timer stopped moving...so its not activating the pump anymore. There are actually two timers...one for the main and one for a booster pump. The circuit breakers are fine, it sounds like the timer is running like normal, but the dials aren't turning.

Any easy ideas I can try?

If they are side-by-side, look for an oblong horizontal hole at the very top center of the back plate. You should see gear teeth and they should be moving. If not, it can be fixed with a new motor. Just take the old one to an Intermatic dealer, every town has one. If the gear is moving, you can take it out and look at it, but any fix is going to be low confidence. You can swap just the mechanism, which is cheaper and much easier than swapping the whole thing. For example, if it is a T104 timer, the mechanism alone is a T104M. Just remember to disconnect at the breaker and double check circuit is dead before messing around in there.

Other two-in-one models should also have a place to view if the motors are working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.