Just ordered FAS-DPD test kit

May 22, 2008
Since the kit I just bought only goes up to 5ppm for FC I ordered the FAS-DPD only test kit. I read that it comes with 10g of powder and when I test I need 1 heaping teaspoon full. When I did the teaspoon to grams conversion online it says 1 tsp equals 4.745 grams. Doesn't that mean that i'll only be able to get about 2 teaspoons per 10grams? I'm really bad with conversions. This doesn't sound right to me because if that's the case how many extra powders should I order since I need to shock my pool up to 20ppm and keep it there till clear and need to start testing it every hour then every 4hrs then every 8hrs.

Am I just confusing myself for nothing? That is easy for me to do :lol:

Thanks!!!

There is a teeny, tiny measuring spoon included in the teskit, it is NOT a teaspoon. You will get MANY tests out of 10 g of DPD powder. You need a rounded measuring spoon full which is probably around 1/32 of a teaspoon (just a guesstimate. I did not measure it!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.