Opening up in Michigan!

ian81

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2012
Jenison, MI
Pool Size
Welp, I have to do it! Opening the pool today in west Michigan, It's about 64 degrees out. Tired of waiting, and I have a busy schedule coming up, so its either a little early or way late!
Got my TF-100 a few weeks ago and I'm excited to get some numbers going.
I just purchased the house but I was renting it last year - Sadly the pool is still equipped with nature 2, but I am just going to leave the old cartridge in there as I have not re plumbed yet (kinda intimidated by plumbing, lol), however I replaced the filter I had. Same model just not 20 years old. Cleaning up the pool area and just took a quick break so thought I would make a post!
Wish me luck with a good season and no issues, haha :cheers:
Will post some numbers & a pic or 2!
Good luck to you all

[attachment=1:1v4ymlww]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368855112.966874.jpg[/attachment:1v4ymlww][attachment=0:1v4ymlww]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368855205.582373.jpg[/attachment:1v4ymlww]
Not exactly as clean as I thought it would be, but not bad for lack of chemical knowledge when closing. Cover is really old too, but drain is visible!
Filled it up and will begin shocking and circulating it when I wake!

CC 0
Ph 7.4
Ta 140
Ch 250
Cya 80

Hope msg goes thru, using tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368855112.966874.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368855112.966874.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 133
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368855205.582373.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368855205.582373.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 133
Opened in metro Detroit today. Water cloudy and not much "stuff" in the deep end. Little tufts of algae all over the bottom, but I expected that. Our cover has holes and needs to be replaced. In shock process and several brushings and vacuumings today. FC dropping slowly but keeping up the fight. :whip:

We now have "angry" birds. I took away their community bird bath when I removed the winter cover. They have been "bombing" the pool all day. :thumbdown:

Put the leaf net on for the night and hopefully the birds won't like the texture so they won't land. :pth:

mariane said:
Put the leaf net on for the night and hopefully the birds won't like the texture so they won't land. :pth:

I am going to be doing the same! I got a dang helicopter tree right above my pool, I am almost asking for trouble opening with this late spring we've had, but there are kids who would love to go swimming, and I'm confident my brand new solar cover will help haha, with a leaf net on top *chuckle*

After a mental exhausting day of me and my brother attempting to replumb stuff, we finally got it.
Although I have other issues, not sure if filter is working properly, I've got another thread in the pumping station section :cry:

But anyways, right now we are at

FC 8
CC .5
TC 8.5
PH 7.5
TA 130
CYA 60

Not going to run the pump over night due to some problems I may have going on.
Good luck!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.