Normal chlorine loss?

Mar 19, 2013
South Windsor ,CT
New BBBer here
I was just wondering what the normal loss in a day might b 4 me .
I have 21000 gal IG vinyl liner Cya is 40
All numbers in range.ch was little low but that has no affect on me. Right? Another question I have is how can I stop birds from
Dropping turds in my pool. No sooner than my robot finished even before I got
Him outta the pool was I starring at a dirty bottom again. Yes it was clean
when he finished

Welcome to tfp, Pdouble :wave:

It is hard to say what you should see, it depends on sun exposure, typical swimmer load, other organics, the bird droppings, your cya level, your FC level, etc. With that said, when the typical pool is running the methods taught on this board a typical loss is ~ 2ppm/day.

Crystal clean minus the pollen. I'm useing 40-70 oz of 12.5 a day.
This is my first pool just moved in 4 weeks ago and opened
The pool 2weeks ago. Clear when open did shock
Process about a week long till passed all three
Even blew away the Leslie's pool store owner
When I brought my water in 4 a test ( I got a TF100)
She said " you must have been doin this for along time "
When I told her it was my first pool her jaw dropped
Told her I'm a BBBer and still tried to sell me stuff

Nice job! You can monitor your FC loss and bump your CYA up to 50 if you want because of all day sun. Just make sure to follow the CYA/FC chart and never go below minimum.

On the birds you can google about a myriad of ways to attempt to keep them away. I like having them around personally. One used by my boating buddy's is to place rubber snakes around the pool or boat area. Another is a owl statue or two that hoots every now and then. You can rent tigers for a week as well if the birds are larger but you have to feed them. :(

Depending on where you're located a good solar cover works wonders for keeping the water up to temp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.