Considering AquaLogic Automation System

AdamJ

Apr 25, 2013
So.. I'm considering an AquaLogic automation system. I haven't yet switched to SWG but have definitely decided that I'm going to. When considering installation, I asked my local pool store if they had installed this system before. They are actually a good non typical pool store. Their tests are usually very close to what I obtain using my T100 kit. Most of the staff is very knowledgeable and don't employ sales gimmicks. They then asked why I wanted automation over an Aquarite system. I stated I am currently running my pump 24/7 and wasting alot of energy. They suggested that I should be running 24/7 in the summer. I live in East TN, we have hot but not scorching summers. Am I unrealistic to think I should be able to cut my pump down to 12 hours or even 8 hours of run time a day and still achieve proper sanitation? Is there a better system available for automation, I currently have all Hayward products so thought I should stay that way.

Thanks,
Adam

I run my pump 4 hours per day (@ 95%) so I think you could go down to at least 6 hours, assuming you go with a T-15 Cell. But it depends a little on what is falling into the pool and how much chlorine demand you have.

Do you have a variable or 2 speed pump?? Here in FL, hotter here than in TN most of the time, pools run 8-10 hrs during the summer. No problems with pools here. Unless it's a commercial pool. I don't see why a residential pool owner would run a pool 24/7 unless of course you run a variable speed pump on its lowest speed all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.