Hayward C-4000 conversion kit to DE

May 17, 2013
Hi, First post so apologies in advance for any newbie errors..

I own a 30K gallon gunite pool. It has a Hayward C-4000 filter. It is most likely 10-12 years old. I have to clean the cartridges every 2-3 weeks which is time consuming not only because of the cartridges but also because of the belt around the filter. I wanted to explore converting to a DE filter and was wondering first if there was a conversion kit for the C-4000 from cartridge to DE.

Thanks in advance,
Edwin

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I have never heard of a conversion kit like that so you would have to buy a new filter (for the record we would recommend 450 sqft cartridge, 32" sand, or 84 sqft DE as minimums for a pool your size ... often cartridges word better for the large pools as the sand and DE filters are not usually that big).

Your filter is a little small for your pool, but having to clean that often is certainly excessive.

Likely this is due to a low level algae problem that results for inadequate chlorine.

Can you post up some test results?

Please add your pool details and location as described HERE as it will help us help you.

On most of those 4 cartridge units, you could convert it, but there is no kit. You'd probably be in for the cost of a new DE filter by the time you were done.

4 cartridge filters shouldn't need to be cleaned that often. When was the last time they were replaced? I'd run the pool without the cartridges to see if you see any difference in flow compared to right after you clean them. If so, it is time for them to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.