Re-do pool pump plumbing help

flyboytfp

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2013
SW, FL, USA
Hello everybody,
Could use some help with plumbing project. Current plumbing has several problems with air leaks, multiple 90 degree, broken ball ears etc.. thought I'd clean up since will be adding SWG and Jandy Valves.
Here's the problem. Two vertical 2" for skimmer and main drain, one each. Also, two vertical 2" pipes for return to 8 floor sweeps and 6 wall outlets. Pool shape is Kidney at 12500 gals.
Plan is to add 3 Jandy valves each 3 port neverlube. One for skimmer, one for return and one between pump and filter for drain and future add on's. Just not enough space between the two vertical 2" pipes to add Jandy Valves on top with 90's elbow. So I need suggestions on how to do this correctly. Have included photo's so you may get picture of what I would like to do. Also would like to change position of pump so that flow to pump is more direct from two verticals to pump intake. Same for filter to return lines. Also think that plumbing from pool to pad is 1.5" then all plumbing on pad is 2". If you can help out, I would be most grateful.
Thank you. Jim

Attachments

• ex_1.jpg
    ex_1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 118
  • ex_2.jpg
    ex_2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 118
  • ex_3.jpg
    ex_3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 118
As far as the skimmer/main drain goes, I'd put the 3-way with the inlet facing back towards you and loop back around to the pump with an 8-10" straight pipe leading into the pump. That may look a little silly though. If we can get a wider picture, we might can suggest a way to move your equipment around so you aren't making spaghetti pipes.

Thank you Poolman. Will try to get a wider image tonight/next day. Since the four 2in verticals are so close, not enough room for 3 way so I now have a 4 piece 45 together that looks like a half moon or 180°. Plan is to place on vertical pipe, loop back toward 3 way vertically and connect to 45 coming out of 3 way side port. Look like St. Louis Arch, one each on each side of 3 way. Not bad looking. Then out of 3 way inlet to pump. Then pump to filter with another 3 way between for a drain line. After filter SWG to return lines with same setup on 3 way. Hope it works.
BTW my pool has 8 in floor pop ups and 4 ports on wall. Just put in new Paramount 6 Port Module and was wondering if this valve also controlled the wall ports and what would be sequence of wall ports. In floor wall ports are okey.
All tips suggestions welcomed.
Thanks again. Jim

What size valves did you get? Instead of putting the pipe into the valve, you could put one size larger 90 turn OVER the valve ... this might let you fit the valve between the pipes.

For example, if you bought the 1.5"/2" valve, 1.5" pipe would fit inside, or you can use a 2" fitting on the outside of the valve.

Valve size is Jandy 2in or 2.5 in. Just went outside to compare and my thoughts are if it was 1.5" pipe it may work. However I have 2" pipe so 2.5" 90 on the out side is to wide. I will go to store and get a 2.5" 90 and have a look anyway. Thanks for your thought. Jim

"If you and fit between the pipe pairs, I would certainly shift the filter and pump over to line up and have fewer turns."
Thats one of my goal. Not sure of space. May need to shift filter to right of pump or couple 45's.
Just found new problem, which is: Have 6 wall outlets and only one is carrying return water flow. Any ideas on where to begin trouble shoot problem?
Thanks for your comments. Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.