newbie leveling question with intex 16x48 ultra frame pool

May 17, 2013
Hey guys,

I have been reading the articles on the site and wow, what a wealth of information. That being said I have a quick question. On Tuesday I bought an intex 16x48 ultra frame above ground pool, and I have a few questions regarding leveling. I did my best to level the ground before I installed it, but the first time I filled it, I got about 1/2 way and noticed that it was about 4 inches off level. I drained it back down and installed pavers under all the feet on the low side, leveled it, and refilled it. Its about 7/8 full but I stopped because I noticed that it looks to be a bit off still. If I take my tape measure and measure from the highest water spot in the pool, the water is 3.5 inches from the top of the lines. On the lowest spot the water is 5.5 inches from the top. Would this be considered safe? The legs on the higher side are on top of very hard clay soil so settling won't be an issue and I dug a trench around the pool to make sure that rain water from the house won't run under the ground tarp and erode the feet. Do you guys think the 2 inches is safe?

Re: newbie leveling question with intex 16x48 ultra frame po

Welcome to TFP.

According to the mfg it needs to be within 1" of level all around. I wouldn't go against their recommendation by suggesting any more than that is safe. I will say that I've seen them out of level more than that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.