Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris pipe leak in wall

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris pipe leak in wall

When I had my pool replastered, they apparently damaged the pipe that my polaris hooks up to.

I cannot get them back to repair it.
    I tried the putty, but cannot really see where the crack is at.

I have it capped off and there is no leak, but with the cap off I loose water.

Any easy way to fix this. I have a 3 foot deck around the pool, so not easy access from the back side, although I can dig it out if need be.

Help, I miss my polaris.

2. Back To Top    #2
    It is difficult to be sure without seeing it but it sounds like you will need a somewhat difficult repair.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Well I had a similar type of problem about 18 months ago with my IG Vinyl pool with a 5' concrete deck. The long and the short of it was that it was cheaper to cap the thing and replace the polaris with a Blue Pearl robot.

I am glad I did that, as the Blue Pearl cleans much better than the polaris ever did plus I save a lot of money on electricity by not having to run the booster pump.
    20x40 IG vinyl, heatpump and solar and 3 siberian huskies, 10kw PV solar electric system. Nikon Photographer D800e dSLR.