mkmscr

Mar 1, 2013
Charlotte, USA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I know this is a difficult question to answer but I figured its worth a forum shot.

Our IG, vinyl pool is in direct sun here in Connecticut. It was recently built and filled about 2 weeks ago for the first time. We have had some dry spells and some rain over the last few weeks but the water level has dropped 3-4". Is that normal? There has been no swimming and I am trying to figure out if there is a leak or if that is normal. Nights have been down to the mid 30s and highs have been high 70s lately. Not sure if these extreme temperature shifts cause faster evaporation?

I am a little concerned because I did have one leak already they found. Not really a leak but they forgot to connect a return line tonthe pukp and so the water was leaking out underground near the pump. Now I am concerned something else is wrong. Also, I have two skimmers and one sucks way more debris than the other. Is that normal?

If you know the surface area of the pool:

Gallons = Surface Area (sq-ft) * Water Rise (in) / 12 * 7.48

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.