Hi from Raleigh

May 16, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hello! I currently have an Intex Easy Set 18x48 with a SWG. I want to get an UltraFrame (I think). Toys R Us had the 18x52 for $499, but they don't have it in store, so it would be $200 for shipping. I was looking at Target and they have the 20 x 52 for $699. I have a RedCard that the cost would be $705 shipped.... Aside from cost, what should I look for? I have the Intex SWG that I will use with the new pool. I'm thinking it would be under $1000 for set-up. Getting water delivered is $200 (I have a well). My husband has been thinking about getting a "real" AG pool (My in-laws are 10 minutes away and they just got a 24x52 AG installed). With that pool so close, I think we could be really happy with an Intex. Eventually we might want a more permanent pool. I do think we will want to get a better ladder or stairs. So my questions:

Do you think that is a good deal?
Is there another avenue I should explore (different pool, etc)?
Are there a ton of things I haven't considered (I know there probably are)?
Is the pump that comes with it good enough (Filter Pump Flow Rate Per Hour: 1600.0 Gal.)?
What kind of ladder or stairs would you recommend?
I have a 6y/o and 4y/o. What kinds of safety precautions do you recommend?

I'm sure I will have more questions, but I probably need to browse through the forums and find the answers myself. Anyway, Hi! :wave:

Abi

Welcome to TFP!

Intex pool are real pools and are managed the same way and with the same chemicals as other pools. Be sure to get yourself a good test kit. As far as actual options and ABG pool products, I don't have a lot of experience there. Others here do though so I am sure that you will get plenty of replies to thoose questions here at TFP.

Abealge:

Welcome to TFP :wave:
Abeagle said:
I have a 6y/o and 4y/o. What kinds of safety precautions do you recommend?
Just as there is no substitute for cubic inches, the best safety precaution is adult supervision when pre-teen children are in or near the water. Second to that, I would encourage taking the kids for swimming lessons. It is one of the best gifts you will ever give them.

Thanks! We are planning on swimming lessons. Any time the kids are near the water, either my husband or I (or both!) will be there. I was wondering about gates or latches or alarms. We take out the ladder each time from the easy set and the boys have never tried to get in there. Not that I'd ever knowingly allow them in by themselves, they can both touch the bottom in the easy set, but won't be able to in the bigger pool. They listen well and we have drilled them repeatedly with rules, but can't have too many safety precautions, right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.