Above Ground Decking & Fencing Questions

jb9405

May 16, 2013
Hi all, I just joined TFP... see lots of great info so far. :-D Just yesterday I had a new 18' round AG pool installed (I had a 15' prior to this for 5 years). We will be knocking down & rebuilding the deck (making a larger pool/sun deck area) and have couple of questions. Am open to any advice or suggestions too. The decking will be going over the panel where skimmer and pool return are. Decking will most likely be Trex or some other composite material.

1- What is the proper height (if there is a standard) for where decking should be in relation to the skimmer?.... i.e. below the coping, just above the skimmer basket (making a trap door in deck floor to be able to get to skimmer) or deck at same height as top rails?
2- In regards to winter cover, does anyone have an opinion on deck height/placement? Is one easier or more difficult than another?
3- Lastly, this new pool/sun deck is the lower level to a 2nd story larger deck. Because of the layout and stairs to get to the yard I will also be needing some sort of safety fence with gate to block the pool area off when not in use (from my 2 year old son & 3 dogs). The area to fenced off is about 10 feet wide. I've looked online and can't find anything matching the idea I have in my head. If anyone knows of any companies out there I can try or have any suggestions on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.