Slightly confused on what Stenner Pump

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
So I've really been reading and trying to search, but I can't quite figure out exactly what pump I need.

I know I need the 45 Series - 10 GPD for my size pool, giving me plenty of headroom (I think) so 45M something....

But looks like I have 4 choices.

45M2 - 25 PSI - Adjustable Flow
45MHP10 - 100 PSI Adjustable Flow
45MP2 - 25 PSI - Fixed Flow
45MPHP10 - 100 PSI - Fixed Flow

Where I am confused is why would I want the 100PSI (which some folks seem to have) vs. the 25 PSI if the GPD are exactly the same. Seems the 100 PSI might cause a blow out a bit easier than the 25 PSI ?

Also, it seems the consensus is that FIXED RATE is the way to go vs. adjustable? Can someone verify my thoughts are in line ?

I should be getting the 45MP2 ??

The only difference between the 25 psi and the 100 psi pumps in the 10 gpd size is the check valve injection fitting. I would go with the 100 psi model to get the check valve. The reason is that if the pump or tubing develops a leak, pool water won't leak out the fitting.

The argument on the fixed vs. the adjustable has to do with noise and longevity of the pump. The general concensus is to go with the fixed rate and use a minute capable timer to run it as long as needed to inject the amount of chlorine you require.

The only difference between the 25 psi and the 100 psi pumps in the 10 gpd size is the check valve injection fitting. I would go with the 100 psi model to get the check valve. The reason is that if the pump or tubing develops a leak, pool water won't leak out the fitting.

I just received my Stenner pump model 45M2 25 psi - probably should have bought the 100 psi model.

If I buy the Stenner Injection Check Valve (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1) - does that make my pump the same as the 45MHP10 (the 100 psi equivalent pump)? ie... are the two pumps exactly identical other than the check valve? If so, how can a check valve bump up the PSI capabilities, doesn't it just prevent backflow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.