Chlorine "patches"

I have a24' round Intex Ultra Frame pool with an Intex SWG. We had a bad storm hit us suddenly end of last season and didn't get the pool covered but we did disconnect the filter/pump and SWG. Other than leaves and twigs, the pool stayed clear until February. Last month, in an effort to "shock" the pool, I dumped chlorine and chlorine tablets in the pool. The tablets "dissolved" on the bottom of the pool and now there are hard white stains on the vinyl liner. We tried scrubbing the stains to try to loosen them up and vacuum or dissolve them further with no luck. we don't want to damage the liner. Has anyone heard of this and is there a way to get rid of these spots? It's almost like a crust. Otherwise, we have cleaned the pool, gotten a good chemical balance with the addition of salt, and are ready to open the pool.

Thank you, I'm afraid your right about the liner being bleached. We are working our way up to a "real" pool. We started with a 16' round inflatable ring pool that didn't last a year. Now we have this 24' round we are hoping will last a few years until we can afford, and learn to maintain a composite rail pool. We live on a marshy island that won't support an in ground pool and the salt water wreaks havoc on an aluminum pool. We thought going with the SWG would be "easy" but it's turning out to be as much work as a chlorine pool. If this pool lasts, we're getting a bigger Hayward pump/filter next year.

Now that the pool is clean, the crusty patches don't look to bad, but they're rough Nader you feet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.