Hanging My Head - White Flag Is Up - Vaccuum Question

Jun 29, 2010
My saga continues.........

Tried to get water cleared up. I had no luck. Still looked like a muddy pool. Gave up and drained. I know, I know, not good for my vinyl liner. :( There is 1 inch of water at the bottom of the pool with dirt and stuff in it. It looks like a water hole where animals love to drink and bathe. Not good conditions. Sand filter has only enough suction to filter water; can't hook vaccuum up to it. I got in the 'waterhole' last night and started with the lovely garden hose variety vaccuum and did get quite a bit of dirt out of it. Now back to what is left of the water/dirt at the bottom. I totally want to clean out the bottom before I refill because if I don't, I will have a cloudy dirt waterhole again.

Now I feel if I don't get rid of all the gunk at the bottom, I won't have a clear pool when I refill it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for rigging the pool vac to be able to vaccuum the gunk and not have it return into the pool (the bag is worthless).

Thanks so much

You know what? I kind of thought about that today as a possibility. I think my father-n-law has one. I have never used one, but maybe he will let me borrow it. Thanks again. I appreciate all the help I can get. =)

Really? That is good to know. I keep hearing about ruining the liner if it gets drained too many times. Phew. I thought I was in trouble. Now if I could just get all the gunk out of the bottom, I could start looking forward to my backyard oasis.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to get my hands on a wet/dry vaccume, but I'm going to try one rigging option I came up with. If it works, I will be sure to share. =)

I would just pull off the pump to filter hose and vacuum that way. If you're worried about the crud, spread a sheet or tarp on the lawn and it will catch most of it. If it won't prime, run a garden hose into the end of the pump to filter hose while you hold it in the air. When it fills up, hit the switch and jump out of the way. You need to leave enough water in the pool to actually vacuum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.