Yukon, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I am just now opening my pool from a dark green swamp by following the directions from this forum. I'm on day 4, pump has been running 24/7 and I've been keeping the pool up to shock level as much as possible. Any clue on where these bubbles are coming from? They do seem to be blowing out the returns...

Today's test: (I added bleach and muriatic acid after yesterday's test)
FC 13.5
CC 1.5
TC 15
pH 7.6
T/A 130
CH didnt test
CYA 75

Yesterday's test:
FC 6
CC 1
TC 7
pH 8.2
T/A 130
CH 70
CYA 80

Ok, I did not use algaecide...only liquid unscented bleach. Thanks, I'll keep at it! So I should bring it up to shock level again right now, correct?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Looks like you are making pretty good progress. Your FC looks a little low for the shock process ... if you CYA is up near 80ppm (which could warrant replacing 1/3 of the water in itself) then the shock FC level you should be maintaining is 30 ppm:
pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock

Yes, keep raising it up to shock level every hour if you can.

Great news! Thanks alot! I've spent alot of time reading this forum over the past year...really appreciate the help!

Heading out to go dump some more bleach now...cheers!

And my CYA was over 110 end of last year...I'm just happy to see it's at 75 now. I figure I'll do the initial vacuuming to waste, then refilling the pool may bring the CYA down into proper levels...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.