Raising PH

Good morning all, I am in the process of balancing my water, with much help from this site. I ran a 24 hour boost on my swcg, added some CYA and am getting ready to add muriatic acid to lower my PH. I'm attempting to eventually lower my TA. My question is how long will it take for the PH to rise back up from say 7.2 to 7.8. With swg running and 4 deck jets. I know it varies but are we talking hours or days or even week. Just curious so I know what to expect. Should I be testing PH more often than once a day during this process?
This mornings test results before adding CYA
FC 4
PH 8.0
Cya 30
TA 200
CH 170
Thank everyone,
Ryan

In my pool, with just the return jets and no waterfall, it would take several days to rise from 7.2 to 7.8. I doubt it would rise in hours and certainly sooner than weeks. I don't understand all of the reasons for pH rise so hopefully someone will come along and explain that to us.

By any chance do you have a blower for your spa jets? With a starting TA of 150 I was able to raise pH from 7.2 to 7.8 in about 1 hour of aerating with the blower on. Now that my TA is down to 80, I'd probably need to leave it on all day to get the same results.

It can take days or it can take several weeks to lower TA. Nobody can really tell you an accurate amount of time that it will take. Just keep lowering your pH down to 7.2 each time you add acid and check you TA along the way. It will get down eventually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.