Is the tail action on my Polaris correct? - Video

harleysilo

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2012
North Georgia
So after reading some other peoples issues with the squriting tail of the Polaris, and after adjust mine so that it now rarely squirts out of water, i'm wondering if mine is functioning like it should.

Is the tail supposed to lay more flat, mine seems to arch up after the float, vs. sweeping along the bottom of the pool. The tip of the tail contacts the pool bottom and sides, the worn sponge is evidence of that.

Click the picture below.

Wow! That tail is crazy! Mine lays flat on the floor and sweeps side to side. I guess if it keeps the pool clean, then yours is working ok the way it is. I bought one of the tail sweeps that keeps the tail from squirting, it was expensive ($30) but it works.

I do not have a Polaris, so I am ignorant of how they work.

What is the tail supposed to do, and if is swishing around so much is such a known issue that there is some sort of $30 aftermarket part, why does Polaris not get it right the first time?

Winger 03 said:
I do not have a Polaris, so I am ignorant of how they work.

What is the tail supposed to do, and if is swishing around so much is such a known issue that there is some sort of $30 aftermarket part, why does Polaris not get it right the first time?
The part is used to "tame" the jet of water coming out of the end of the tail (people were complaining that it was shooting water onto their windows, hitting pets in the face, etc.); it has nothing to do with the movement of the tail.
The latest model comes with this part.

The tail is supposed to be on the pool floor, moving in a side to side motion. It's also good at stirring stuff from the stairs, if it is unable to fully climb them.

To the OP, I would turn the power to the tail down a bit...yours looks like it has some sort of disability. :lol:
Also, does it sit flush on the pool floor all the time? Looks like it may be rising in the video. Couldn't really tell though.

Mr. Blue said:
[quote="Winger 03":2g4kgeob]I do not have a Polaris, so I am ignorant of how they work.

The part is used to "tame" the jet of water coming out of the end of the tail (people were complaining that it was shooting water onto their windows, hitting pets in the face, etc.); it has nothing to do with the movement of the tail.
The latest model comes with this part.

The tail is supposed to be on the pool floor, moving in a side to side motion. It's also good at stirring stuff from the stairs, if it is unable to fully climb them.

To the OP, I would turn the power to the tail down a bit...yours looks like it has some sort of disability. :lol:
Also, does it sit flush on the pool floor all the time? Looks like it may be rising in the video. Couldn't really tell though.[/quote:2g4kgeob]

Thanks!

It runs flat on the pool floor, i was fiddling with the jet on the rear yesterday, but put it back (1 o'clock) position when i was done.

I'll try turning it down some more.

Iphone 4G with a Lifeproof cover. With the cover it doesn't sense my swipes underwater, but it's only waterproof to a few feet so wouldn't be good for say scuba or anything. The cover does work, but they tell you not to take it off/put it on your phone more than like 50 times or it won't seal anymore. The bottom port does not allow some after market chargers to plug into the phone, apple chargers work fine. No idea about docking bases.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love the dig it's not THAT old LOL, my wife took a 3G in earlier this year and the apple dude was like OMG this is an antique!

So I lossened my tail and rotated it 90 degrees and now it sweeps proper, I think the rubber tail was conditioned/bent to rise up like shown in the vid....still squirting me however!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.