Solar Cover/Chlorine Loss

So...my question spurred me to do a google search (not sure why I didn't do this before) and came up with this:

The difference between a solar pool cover and a standard opaque swimming pool cover is that the solar cover still lets in a significant amount of light whereas a traditional flat, vinyl swimming pool cover can block much of the incoming sunlight significantly reducing or eliminating the effects of direct heating from the sun shining on the pool's surface. Traditional pool covers are usually made from vinyl, while solar covers are plastic or aluminized materials.

The air filled bubbles of a solar cover not only help to diffuse light from the sun spreading it over a wider area, they provide a bit of a buffer zone between the air and the pool water, giving added insulative properties for better heat retention than a traditional cover. These bubbles are pockets of air, and they look a lot like packing bubbles but
the plastic is thicker and made with an UV inhibitor to prevent it from damage by the sun.

Seems to me, this would also mean the UV is blocked from the pool water, too, right?

Now, there was nothing on the website to identify just who authored it, so I'm not sure how legitimate the information is. As we all know, just because someone said it on the internet doesn't mean it's correct. :blah:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.